- Leader of international, cross-functional teams; adviser to executives, managers and line personnel.
- Over 20 years hands-on experience in KM and the implementation of KM tools, processes and content; global adoption leader for SharePoint; led the HP Office of the General Counsel’s migration to SharePoint 2010.
- Project Management: Process and application implementation and launch, including IT Service Management (ITIL®) and Knowledge Management process adoption.
- KM thought leadership – author of a book and numerous professional journal articles, as well as an original training course, on Knowledge Management Adoption; frequent conference speaker. Professional certifications in ITIL (Ver. 2 and 3) and Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) frameworks.
- Software development life-cycle understanding and hands-on experience in concept, requirements planning, design, usability testing, documentation, and support; skilled in development of use cases for integration.
July 2012 to December 2013: Principal Consultant, Corridor Company, Wakefield, MA.
- Adoption consultant implementing SharePoint-based solutions for contract life cycle management, for major corporate and not-for-profit clients.
March 2009 to July 2012: Principal Knowledge Manager, Hewlett Packard – Office of the General Counsel.
- Global lead for KM programs and initiatives for OGC. Reporting to Legal Operations & Alliances.
- Led transformation of the KM function from a technical discipline to a consultative function with explicit ties to Learning & Development/Legal Education, Legal Operations and the Legal/Tax Library.
- Led project to rebuild the OGC intranet within the global @HP Portal, in alignment with corporate branding and standards. Managed virtual team of Operations resources, working with IT and an external design contractor, and managing migration of content to the new designs and templates.
- Launched Communities of Practice in 18 legal disciplines within OGC.
- Developed and oversaw building of new web-based tools for identifying and locating experts within OGC.
- Originating and leading diverse projects designed to increase attorney and department productivity, using SharePoint and the OGC intranet to deploy KM, collaboration and “self-help” tools for users across HP.
- Created original SharePoint Distance Learning course to facilitate adoption of the SharePoint platform within OGC; taught the course for more than 100 globally, including all US-based administrative assistants, as well as attorneys and paralegals in the Americas, EMEA and Asia.
May 2008 to March 2009: Principal, KnowledgeFarm, Lebanon, NJ.
- Headed a KM initiative for the Human Resources function of Pitney-Bowes; consultant/adviser to American Friends Service Committee on knowledge management.
June 2005 to May 2008: Principal Consultant, Leveraged Technology, Inc., New York, NY.
- IT Service Management consultant – Practitioner-Certified in ITIL. Led ITSM and Knowledge Management consulting, implementation and training projects including training and adoption consulting in the Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) methodology, as well as implementation consulting for specific knowledge tools. Certified KCS instructor. Clients include Bain Capital (ITIL process), Novartis Pharmaceuticals (KM/KCS adoption), Merck & Co. (KM assessment), Ancillary Care Management (implementation partner to RightNow Technologies, Inc.), Novo Nordisk, Computer Associates (CA), and Nevada System of Higher Education.
- Author, “Knowledge Management Adoption,” original training program for managers and directors to guide KM initiatives. Taught at LTI headquarters in New York and at McGill University, Montreal, PQ.
September 1999 to June 2005: Founder/Principal and Consultant, KnowledgeFarm, Lebanon, NJ.
- Consultant specializing in knowledge-based Service Resolution Management applications. Offered process consulting, training, staff motivation, strategy, and knowledge engineering. Assisted McKesson Information Solutions, leading hospital software vendor, with re-implementation of knowledge management for customer support. Helped Enterprise Rent-A-Car re-engineer knowledge resources for Field Support operations. Other clients included New Holland North America; Cutler-Hammer (Eaton Corp.); Lawson Software; Concord EFS; Microsoft; Jack-in-the-Box, Inc.; Kepner-Tregoe; Nash Finch Co.; Ontario Systems; Apogee Networks.
- Author of “Tools for Support Knowledge,” book published by HDI, the world’s largest membership association for IT service and support professionals and the premier certification body for the industry.
- Frequent author and conference speaker. Program chairman for several industry conferences.
April 1994 to September 1999: Director of Marketing, Molloy Group, Inc., Parsippany, NJ.(Acquired July 23, 1999.)
- Responsible for all corporate and product marketing for Knowledge Management software products firm.
- Developed and taught principles that became the standard methodology for use of the company’s patented knowledge representation technology. Drafted key patent application, including claims.
August 1992 to April 1994: Vice President, GCI Group, New York, NY.
- Account management for the public relations subsidiary of Grey Advertising; specialist in health care, biotechnology and high tech. Developed and coordinated international health care and high tech media relations activities between GCI subsidiaries and affiliates in 16 countries.
December 1987 to August 1992: Public relations consultant to medical, biotech and software firms.
- Image counseling, strategic planning, corporate identity, press relations and investor relations services, to clients ranging from private start-ups to public corporations with revenues of over $1 billion.
September 1977 to December 1987: Journalist / Publisher
- Reporter and editor for several trade journals.
- Founder/publisher of The Medical Business Journal, a business newspaper for health care and corporate finance executives.
- MBA, Marketing, 1984, New York University Graduate School of Business Administration.
- BA, Journalism, 1977, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.